So I talk a lot about connection (not sure if you noticed that yet…) but what exactly am I talking about? Connect to what? With what? For what?
Well, you can connect to pretty much anything, I wager. Should you? Probably not. Although some will argue that there is a time and place for everything. I say, the more you experience thoughtful connections, the more you recognise what connection feels like in different situations, and the more you learn how to connect – and let go – consciously. What you choose to connect with – and the strength of that connection – impacts everything else in your life on some scale.
Over the coming weeks, I’ll share some of who and what I connect with: In Me; Around Me; In Others; In Inter-connection.
Here are some of the things I connect with In Me:
- how I hold my shoulders
- any tension around my eyes
- the alignment of my spine; my posture
- my intentions for the day (or week, or month or year)
- joy in my movement
- unease in my heart
- a song or lyric rising up
- my breath
- the intuition “ping!” to pay attention
- hunger and fullness
- energy flow
- attraction to colours
- my presence or distraction to the moment
- desire to move or rest
- areas of discomfort or pain
- sensitivity of touch
- how I see light and shadow
- what it feels like to blink
- tension in my jaw
- a need to move
- a need to rest
- how curious I am at the moment
Without judgement, what do you notice about you right now? What steps out and makes itself known? What do you have to think about and search for?
Check in with you.
Up next, connecting with the things around you!